Menu

A challenge for you. Project idea?

DS needs a project he can complete in a day ... A motivated day, lol, but still a day. He's 9. It can have some parental involvement but should be a lot him. He wants something fairly masculine. The category is "For the Home" which leaves it pretty open.

We considered a three legged stool made of branches and a cross cut of a log. Last year he made a spear and he made Fire Starters - wax and sawdust in egg carton containers.

Any cub scout ideas? :)

Thanks!

Kelly

What a neat idea!

I think DH and CJ came up with an idea. With wood and an old clipboard, they are going to make a gadget that holds your fish while you filet it.

I do believe they did indeed hit upon a project that is absolutely NOT remotely girly. :)

And for an encore, they are also going to enter a Hobo Stove in the Trash into Treasure contest. :)

I just got a new kid craft book that had a really cute one for boys if they're interested. It showed a bird house (in the book they have you build one, but I think you could probably get a pretty inexpensive one from a hobby store). They use kind of a mosaic idea with just plain rocks and you mosaic them to the house. Paint the window frames. Then for the roof, you cut wood shims down to maybe 1" pieces and glue them to the roof to make it look like a wood shingle roof. Cute.