Menu

If you let dc choose their reading lists...

how do you give them choices? Do you comprise a list they can choose from, or do you have another reference to give them. At this point I'm not sure I could send ds in B&N or even over to Amazon and say "choose 6 fiction, 6 nonfiction, and 6 biographies" and end up with some quality choices.

Usually I just make a really huge list of books and have him choose from those, but I was just wondering how other people do it.

I just came up with a good idea today that I'm working on. I decided I would like my older two to be able to have some control over choosing their books, but I want to limit their choices. I also don't think just a list would help them as they can't really see the book or know what it is about just from the title.

I just created a "listmania" list at Amazon for my oldest. Had to split it in 2 because you can only get 40 things on the list at once. Here he can view the books and descriptions and tell me what he'd like to read next. I won't buy them as we have a great library, but it's really just for him to choose a book.

Here's the one I just made for my upcoming 6th grade boy....

http://www.amazon.com/Jayden-6th-Grade-A/lm/R2ZP1FEEYHBQLL/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_full