Menu

Baby Gate Help

We move to our rent house in less than 2 weeks. It's a two-story house and we have NO baby gates! We need to purchase 2 gates for the stairs. What brands should we look at and what should we consider when looking at gates????

We move to our rent house in less than 2 weeks. It's a two-story house and we have NO baby gates! We need to purchase 2 gates for the stairs. What brands should we look at and what should we consider when looking at gates????

Evenflo Top-of-Stair Extra Tall Child Gate

Best one ever!!

If you are dealing with wider than normal stairways, I highly recommend this one:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536656&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85217

We own this and have used it for 4 kids, 3 different houses, and (literally) non-stop use over the past 9 years. When retracted back, it's hardly even noticable.

If you are dealing with wider than normal stairways, I highly recommend this one:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536656&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85217

We own this and have used it for 4 kids, 3 different houses, and (literally) non-stop use over the past 9 years. When retracted back, it's hardly even noticable.

OMG I want it for my porch. I'm not sure it's quite wide enough though. I'm measuring in the morning.

ETA, NM, I went out and measured tonight. I think it would fit!

Edited by AdventureMoms

OMG I want it for my porch. I'm not sure it's quite wide enough though. I'm measuring in the morning.

ETA, NM, I went out and measured tonight. I think it would fit!

Out of curiousity, I just looked at mine. It says "Kiddy Guard" brand. I don't think the link I posted is the same brand, but exact same concept. A quick google search shows Kiddy Guard is still sold elsewhere though, but pricey. Very worth it though, especially if you have several years to use it. :001_smile:

For top of stairs make sure it only opens towards you - that way it can't accidentally open and let them fall down the stairs.

We had a great one - might have been the Evenflo one that was linked at one house - until we got the gate we just gated both their bedroom doors (that's all that was upstairs) so they couldn't accidentally fall down the stairs at night.