Menu

1 year old is a bully

Guest lionel

Guest lionel

For some reason my 1 year old tends to be a bully around other kids. she seems to get very jealous around other children, to the point were she starts to push them from the back, slap there hand, look at them in a mean way, push them away from whatever there doing and take control. I Try to tell her and teach her to be nice but noting is working. the only thing she cooperates with is to play is with adults. is it just a phase? or does she need to play more with children her age?

Sounds like you have a leader in training! It's frustrating to raise this type of child through infancy and early childhood, but in the end, it's worth it!!!!

You just described my 1 year old! He is very strong willed, and frankly, mean to his older siblings. We have been really REALLY reinforcing how great it is when he does anything kind. He now has a baby doll that he loves, and we are encouraging that in a big way. I can see in him that he has such determination and a desire to "lead," and I keep telling myself that someday those traits will be of great benefit to him. It's just tough now!