Menu

I know it's my civic duty and all that....

I have 2 more hours to wait to find out my fate for tomorrow! :) Thanks for making me feel better, everyone. I do get a certificate that I completed jury duty, even if I don't seated. It's only good for a year, I think. In a town of 1,000,000 people, you'd think it would be a long time before I'm called again.

We shall see.....

My hubby just finished his 18 MONTH stint on Federal Grand Jury Duty. He was compensated $40 per day, and he had to travel an hour each way to get there, pay for gas, parking and tolls...EVERY SINGLE WEDNESDAY for 18 months. For those 18 months he got no overtime eligibility. We live paycheck to paycheck

(on a good month it actually stretches that long lol) and we had to pay everything up front and then get reimbursed the following month. That check was only on time once in a year and a half. He just finished at the end of June. He will be exempted from service for 2 years.

They told me I had three months to wean him or get him to take a bottle. Awesome.

:eek: That sounds a tad bit illegal to me. :rolleyes:

How terrible. I'm so sorry. I'm all for doing our part but, not at the expense of whether or not I get to breastfeed my baby. Ridiculous.

My hubby just finished his 18 MONTH stint on Federal Grand Jury Duty. He was compensated $40 per day, and he had to travel an hour each way to get there, pay for gas, parking and tolls...EVERY SINGLE WEDNESDAY for 18 months. For those 18 months he got no overtime eligibility. We live paycheck to paycheck

(on a good month it actually stretches that long lol) and we had to pay everything up front and then get reimbursed the following month. That check was only on time once in a year and a half. He just finished at the end of June. He will be exempted from service for 2 years.

:eek::eek::eek: This is why the jury system is broken. It's downright abusive of families.

Faith