Menu

Anyone using Spelling Workout D?

kailuamom

I am trying to decide what level to use for Spelling Workout for my dd (almost 8). She is a strong reader and has done Calvert 3 spelling. I know that level D is supposed to be for grade 4 but I know every spelling program is different. I couldn't find samples of SW online. If anyone has level D, would you be willing to post a couple of sample words from the beginning and end of the book just so I can get an idea?

My 3rd grader used SWO D. He had no trouble wtih it even though he struggles with grammar.

Be warned, all the list words are written in cursive only from level D up. You'll have to rewrite the list if your child can not read traditional cursive.

Lesson 1 list:

Banner

hundred

fame

later

seven

hammer

twelve

barrel

dollar

letters

silent

wild

until

swift

bottles

pineapple

film

gallon

traffic

eleven

Lesson 34

difficult

tender

lengthy

sturdy

expensive

repaired

enormous

journey

weary

tense

cautious

sorrow

vague

ancient

courage

drowsy

disbelief

current

descend

rapidly.

You are both welcome. I have levels A through G here in the house so if you want other lists, just let me know.

I haven't gotten this year test results yet, but last year both boys aced the spelling portion of the ITBS. So I'm pretty happy with the program.

One thing I do each week is to have them alphabetize their list words. It makes them stop and see the relationships between the list words. Also, if they happen to miss a list word, it gets added to the next lesson until they spell it correctly.