Menu

NARHS Not Accredited Anymore

Just thought I would share some info. I just got off the phone with NARHS thinking I was ready to register with them. They informed me that they are no longer accredited with the Private School Association. They are still a state-of-Maine recognized school.

They have a new program called Customized Education Design that is accredited. I haven't had time yet to look into what their other program is.

Sharing this info because their website still has old info on it. They said this happened in January.

I just sent them an email...

I wanted to express my disappointment that NARHS is no longer accredited by a recognized agency. I called today ready to register. However, as a homeschool parent who can issue my own diploma, the primary reason for registering with NARHS was the accreditation. I am an active member on several homeschool forums, and I can tell you that accrediting is the deciding factor for a majority of parents on whether or not to use a supporting school. Homeschool parents are a pretty confident bunch, and none of the parents I associate with would pay the extra money to get a diploma that is not accredited, when they can issue one that is not accredited themselves.

Hopefully you will reconsider this decision. For now I will have to pursue other options. (I did check out your CED program, but that's not what I'm looking for.)

*sigh* On with the search!

• 1 year later...