Menu

Time for Medication??

So long story short we do a GF diet for DS (8) who has some diagnosed issues with OCD/Anxiety. We dont go to counseling because DS said that he was not "going to change" at all regarding the OCD so he didn't want to go.

He does have a lot of stranger behaviors - today he was trying to ride a toddler car with a push broom sticking out the back, twirling it saying he was going to fly. he really believed it woudl make him fly.

He spent a lot of time yesterday telling me that he wanted to invent something but he didn't know what. I encourage his creativity so we talked about inventors & inventions but he obsesses constantly.

This evening was even stranger - we had a large fan in his room the past 2 nights. there is already a small fan up there for white noise, because he shares the room with 2 younger brothers. Tonight he came down a half o hour after being put to bed to ask about the large fan & we told him we would bring the fan up in a 1/2 hour when we went to bed. he came down 2 more times after that asking - the 2nd time, sobbing that he needed the fan. We said no- he had to wait. now it was a battle of wills. :tongue_smilie:

Meanwhile the toddler kept getting out of bed because all this was going on. The 5yo sound asleep. :D

so i went up and DS (8) was sobbing in his bed, saying he was cold, he thought he was sick, soemtihng majorly wrong. I got DH because he is better at assessing this kind of thing. No temperature. but later on when I went to kiss him goodnight his bed was wet. it was soaked. I asked him about it, he finally (after lying first) confessed to pouring water in the bed because he thought it was going to be too hot in their room. (it was hot today but not unbearable)

anyway so I don't know what to make of all this. And i think that his controlling wtih his siblings and weirdness is causing problems with my other DS> I think that my other DS (5) wants to be around normal kids (just a feeling - he is a people person). He often gets upset when we are doing "school". he either says - its too easy or too hard. He did his work today - even asked for another math page, then did his handwriting reluctantly, I complimented him and he got angry and stormed off... :confused: this is my "normal" child.

i don't know what to make of all this except that my DD has traits similar to my eldest and it is looking like the same patterns all over again, just in a girl.

so wondering - if I need to consider medication to help DS so that we can have a more harmonious homeschooling time. We are about to start KONOS - (I am PSYCHED!) but wondering is this normal and if I need to consider meds....and what kind...

Edited by honeymommy4