Menu

Boredom

"Do you mean like a 3D triangle? Do toothpicks and marshmallows count? "

Absolutely!

" I just never count it as math - I guess that makes me bad mom of the year."

You are great mom of the year! it is all about flexibility!

remember math is about making as many mistakes as possible, but hopefully not the same ones over and over.

Thank you. And thanks for joining us! :)

The Constructing the Universe activity books look good. My son LOVES art. Have you used them? Can you work through them with everyday items or do you need to purchase materials for the activities?

We have books 1 and 2, again, used in an unschool-y fashion. From what I've seen/ used so far, a good compass and graph paper pads (like the 11x17 size from Staples) are good to have, although normal paper should work fine for non-fine-motor-challenged kids. HTH!

We have books 1 and 2, again, used in an unschool-y fashion. From what I've seen/ used so far, a good compass and graph paper pads (like the 11x17 size from Staples) are good to have, although normal paper should work fine for non-fine-motor-challenged kids. HTH!

Wow, these are awesome. I'm definitely getting a couple of those. Ds's other passion is Egyptian culture and mythology, so he is pretty much over the moon about the intersection of math and Ancient Egypt on that website.