Menu

Jungle Jim's International Market

it is about 45 minutes from here.

It is truly a shopping experience. There are many things you can buy there and nowhere else in the midwest. There is produce that I've never heard of.

We go there and get our gluten free stash for dd. There are things there we can't find anywhere else.

It is very expensive.

There are three sections essentially-- the regular grocery section, the natural or whole food section, and the international section. The international section is divided into country or region. I imagine it is good for those who have lived overseas and miss a particular food or product.

Like I said, we have a child with a specialty diet and we can find brands of pasta, cereal, baked goods and pizza crusts that we can't find anywhere else. That is why we go.

So, to your question, is it worth the drive? Well, it depends on how much of a foodie you are. Is there something else you can do in the area? We usually go when we have soccer tournaments or when we go to the Creation Museum. I would say it is worth it only if you are going to be there anyway.