Menu

Spelling Workbook similar to Rod & Staff for 7th?

I was planning to use R/S for both ds 10 and ds 12 this year, but just looked and the 7th grade program is a textbook and not a workbook. My rising 7th grader is writing resistant (not the creative act of writing, but physical act of putting pencil to paper) and will never go for a textbook. I don't like the format of it either . . . doesn't feel friendly.

Is there something similar to RS style but is a workbook for 7th?

Thanks!

The writing volume in 7 isn't anymore than a child that grade would write in a spelling workbook, aside from writing the subject, lesson number and date on the top of the page. Occasionally it will ask you to write some sentences, generally no more than 4 on one day, but again, workbooks do that, too. If he has LDs that prevent that much writing you could easily have him do those sections orally to prove he knows how to use those words.

I don't know of a workbook that's comparable to R&S spelling at that level. Our experience with Spelling Workout in the lower grades was not positive; I haven't seen the upper volumes.