Menu

The Mosquito- It works!

Remember the post about the high-pitched sound devices that are used to prevent teens from loitering? Well...Dd and I were eating lunch at Panera this weekend. One second she was fine, then the next, the fork stopped midway between salad and mouth, and she tilted her head to the side. (At this point, I thought maybe she had bitten down on an olive pit.) Then she made a face like this :ack2: and stuck her fingers in her ears. She asked what that awful sound was, but I couldn't hear anything. I looked up and saw a boy (about 12-ish) at the next table waving his cell phone. Turns out that he had that mosquito ring tone on his phone. He played it a couple more times- I guess just to test the adults at his table- until I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. I think he got the point, because he put the phone away.

So yes, that mosquito tone does work, and really seems to cause serious irritation for those that can hear it. I'm afraid that young man might have just chased away quite a few of Panera's customers that afternoon!:D

My brother had this has his tone for text messages when he was in highschool. He was at my house and I asked what that noise I kept hearing was. His jaw dropped, he was so surprised I could hear it. Apparently our 10 year age difference makes me ancient in his eyes.