Menu

Growing with Grammar?

We are about to start our 2nd year of GWG and we both love it. The lessons are clear and concise and short and the workbook is well laid out and easy for Indy to understand. The program in spiral, so each workbook sheet refers back to previous lessons. We tried several grammar programs prior to GWG and nothing fit. Once we started using GWG, it clicked and Indy is amazing at grammar despite his dyslexia. We will continue using it as long as it's effective. I also like that it's pretty inexpensive. Indy does 3-4 lessons a week, including tests, and he was finished around week 34.

HTH!

We are about to start our 2nd year of GWG and we both love it. The lessons are clear and concise and short and the workbook is well laid out and easy for Indy to understand. The program in spiral, so each workbook sheet refers back to previous lessons. We tried several grammar programs prior to GWG and nothing fit. Once we started using GWG, it clicked and Indy is amazing at grammar despite his dyslexia. We will continue using it as long as it's effective. I also like that it's pretty inexpensive. Indy does 3-4 lessons a week, including tests, and he was finished around week 34.

HTH!

Thank you!!

There are many, many threads concerning GWG. If you do a search like this:

Go to Google. Type in the following

"site:http://www.welltrainedmind.com Growing Grammar"

(minus the quote marks).

You will get many hits. You can also search for GWG or growing with grammar.

We did GWG 1 and 2 for second grade, got through three before the end of third grade, clocked through 4th and started 5 about 2/3 of the way into 4th grade. It has been painless and productive. Sometimes posters here say their 3rd grader isn't "retaining" GWG. I don't know that they aren't expecting too much. Kiddo's retention really shot up in 4th grade, as did his diagramming skills. GWG spirals up each year, and has been very nice to use. Kiddo knows a lot more grammar than I did at that age!