Menu

Keeping track of cell phones

If your kids/teens have a cell phone, how do they carry it around with them?

Wondering how my teenage sons should best hold onto their cell phones. Last year DS carried it in his back pack and had no problems but it made me uneasy.

DH carries uses a holder that clips on to his belt. My kids do not often wear belts though. Ieither put it in my purse or my pocket, but the thought of them keeping a cell phone in their pockets also makes me uneasy. Eeek! Everythign makes me feel uneasy and worried.

I am debating arm strap type holders buy have yet to find one that looks decent.

How do your kids NOT lose their phones?

If you do have an iPhone and lose it, you can find it by using the free app Find IPhone. Just enable it in iCloud settings. You can have it send a message to your lost phone, have it start beeping, erase the data on the phone, look in real time where the phone is.

:iagree: I use that feature at least weekly ... I lose mine in the house thank goodness. I can log into the ipad and start my phone beeping to find it.

If you do have an iPhone and lose it, you can find it by using the free app Find IPhone. Just enable it in iCloud settings. You can have it send a message to your lost phone, have it start beeping, erase the data on the phone, look in real time where the phone is.

:iagree: I use that feature at least weekly ... I lose mine in the house thank goodness. I can log into the ipad and start my phone beeping to find it.

But doesn't the phone have to be on?

If your kids/teens have a cell phone, how do they carry it around with them?

Wondering how my teenage sons should best hold onto their cell phones. Last year DS carried it in his back pack and had no problems but it made me uneasy.

DH carries uses a holder that clips on to his belt. My kids do not often wear belts though. Ieither put it in my purse or my pocket, but the thought of them keeping a cell phone in their pockets also makes me uneasy. Eeek! Everythign makes me feel uneasy and worried.

I am debating arm strap type holders buy have yet to find one that looks decent.

How do your kids NOT lose their phones?

Pockets. Daughter doesn't seem to want to carry a purse; it just isn't done (don't know what they do about period times!).

I tell them NOT to carry them unless they actually need them. Not convinced of the safety of having them in close proximity at all times.