Menu

Where to buy math programs

I'm new here, I've homeschooled for alot of years (14) but I had never heard of Lial's, Forester, Jacob's so I'm really excited by all the information, I'm just wondering where the best place to get them. I saw Amazon had Lial's I think, but I can only find one place that sells the Forester's, well besides maybe if someone sells something used.

Thanks

Michele in NW WA

If you want them new you can usually buy them directly from the publisher. Pearson (Prentice Hall) has an online ordering service that is wonderful, called OASIS. Here's a link to Foerster:

http://www.phschool.com/classics/math.html

Alaso, some curriculum providers have a bookstore and you can use those. Kolbe Academy sells both Foerster's Algebra nad Algebra and Trig and Jacobs Geometry books.

http://kolbe.org/Math-c443.html

There are many other sources as well but these are the ones I use...

Mary

askdrcallahan.com sells Jacobs Algebra and Geometry. He also sells DVD instruction for those books. I do not have his DVD's, but I have found the information on his website helpful.

I purchased Jacobs Algebra, teacher's manual and tests from Veritas Press. Dr. Callahan says the test bank is overpriced and not necessary. Wish I had known that before - that's why I suggest you check his website.

You might also check the sale and swap board here - sometimes you'll find a real bargain.

HTH,

Cindy