Menu

National Forensic League

Hello Hive!

I work with about 12 homeschooled middle and high-schoolers locally. We have worked through the Art of Argument, starting Rhetoric this fall and founded a local Junior State of America chapter. We just finished a second review of Speech Bootcamp. Now we are interested in Speech and Debate but none of us have experience. We are not a religious group and definitely would not fit in with the Christian homeschool debate club I've found online.

One of the local private schools is very successful and they participate in the National Forensic League activities. So.... I phoned the League this morning and homeschooling families can sign up -- as individual schools ($99 + individual student fees). I was told they have a library of instructional materials they loan out for only shipping costs and that our students would then be eligible to participate in all the traditional activities.

My question is: Have any of you gone this route? Were you able to joinforces with local private school students/staff for cooperation or training? Thanks in advance!

Kristin in Hawaii