Menu

what is your favorite K and/or 3rd grade Bible curriculum and why?

koko

I'm doing Positive Action for Christ with both my dc this year. Kindergarten Learning About God with my ds and 6th Winning the Race with my dd. I really like the layouts of the lesson plans. I've done 1 other year of this with my dd, and really liked it. They give you 3,4, and 5 day lesson plan formats. There is scripture memory, songs, workbook pages, and character trait activities. Kindergarten is basically an overview of the major bible characters and event in order.

I don't have the 3rd grade book, but if you want more details on the K book, I'd be glad to tell you what you want to know. I know there are sample pages on their website http://www.positiveaction.org

Amy of GA

Darin's wife for 17 years

11yo dd

5yo ds

My favorite Bible curriculum for the early elementary years is the Greenleaf Guide to Old Testament History. I've looked at all kinds of Bible curriculum over the years (my children are teenagers now), but I have never found anything that I thought was as good as the Greenleaf Guide. It is also a great way to cover history for that period if you tie in other books. I have very fond memories of sitting on the couch with my girls reading through books from the Old Testament. Actually being able to use the Bible and not some curriculum that I would have to preview was a blessing. The guide made me think more deeply about what was going on at that time in history and who those people were. There are questions to ask and ideas to explore, but the Bible is the source. I also found that our prayer time together was more meaningful while we were studying God's word together. In my humble opinion, you can't compete with having actual contact with God's word. Bible storybooks may seem nice, but they are hollow compared to God's voice. I hope you find what is best for your family. God bless.

I also shy away from storybook approaches and story Bibles that dilute or skip over Scripture. We usually read a chapter a day for family devos, and for Bible as a subject I am looking for a combination of Bible reading and comprehension/application exercises at grade-appropriate levels. Thank you...this also looks like a wonderful book. Thank you for taking the time to respond :001_smile: