Menu

Just finished building a whiteboard - VERY excited!

My FIL and I just completed my whiteboard project, and it turned out very cool!! :) I just had to come share with people who could see why it would be the highlight of my week... :lol:

It is a full panel (8X4) of some bathroom wallboard, which my friend used on her wall as a whiteboard & recommended a while back. I couldn't put it on a wall, since we have WAY too many windows, but I finally decided to make a framework from wood so it could be free-standing. It turned out great! Solid & sturdy, eraseable, and it blocks the excessive sun from several of the windows (I was considering getting additional shades, but now I won't need to!). I don't know the exact cost, since I had some of the stuff available (screws & extra wood), but I think I paid out about $30-40.

While I'm posting pics, I figured I'd show off my recently-revised school room as well. I put 2 tables together to make an L desk, which will have 2 kids per table & me inside the L across from them. I put some abc letters up on the top ceiling piece for the 1st grader (I plan to put the cursive abc on another wall up high). My computer desk with all my lesson plans and printer is over by the door. Sorry for the mess - kids are always doing elaborate paper, tape & scissor projects! :glare:

post-13094-13535086946214_thumb.jpg

post-13094-13535086946663_thumb.jpg

post-13094-13535086947091_thumb.jpg

For any Ikea lovers out there, you can use a white glass table top as a whiteboard for less than $100. My husband just opened his own law firm, and we got him this for Father's Day for his new office. We will be hanging it this weekend. Hopefully hanging it will not be a problem...

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/01/not-expensive-glass-whiteboard.html