Menu

Yep, I'll keep her :) (and program choice question)

I got DD7s TerraNova-first attempt at ever doing a timed test. 99.9 composite math, 98.9 composite reading (she apparently didn't quite "get" word roots and affixes in the word analysis section, which I strongly suspect was simply what words they used in the questions). I wasn't worried about her being on grade level, but it's nice to have the "Gatekeeper" score that I need for talent search.

So...if I want her to take EXPLORE, which program should I apply to for her? C-MITES, Belin-Blank, Something else?

Also, does anyone have any quick down and dirty resources for grade level science? DH was a little concerned that DD's science was her lowest score

(only 91%-Horrors!). I'm not worried about it, but if I can do something quick to reassure him that she's not missing anything, it's probably worth it :).

I got DD7s TerraNova-first attempt at ever doing a timed test. 99.9 composite math, 98.9 composite reading (she apparently didn't quite "get" word roots and affixes in the word analysis section, which I strongly suspect was simply what words they used in the questions). I wasn't worried about her being on grade level, but it's nice to have the "Gatekeeper" score that I need for talent search.

So...if I want her to take EXPLORE, which program should I apply to for her? C-MITES, Belin-Blank, Something else?

Also, does anyone have any quick down and dirty resources for grade level science? DH was a little concerned that DD's science was her lowest score

(only 91%-Horrors!). I'm not worried about it, but if I can do something quick to reassure him that she's not missing anything, it's probably worth it :).

Congratulations to your DD.

If you are planning to have her take Explore when she turns 8, I would suggest continuing with the above grade level materials she's using for science. Explore's science portion is more reasoning based than purely content-based. There will be charts etc for her to interpret data and make conclusions so some discussion on that might help too.