Menu

IN/OH/KY folks--King's Island ?

I grew up in Indiana and spent many happy summer days at KI. It's been nearly 20 years since I last visited, however, and I'd love to take my kids there this summer when we are up that way. Looking over the website, a lot has changed in 20 years!

Here are my questions: The online one day pass for $30 is a great deal, but can we do it all in a day? For $15 more we could get the come back a second day deal, but then we'd have an overnight stay to deal with.

How are crowds mid-August? When do schools start again in the area? Any helpful tips about a summer trip to KI? We live in FL and go to Disney often, so it just doesn't seem right to go to a park without knowing all there is to know first. Thanks!

If schools start when you go then there are limited rides available due to the kids being in school. I would go when school hasn't started yet.

Not sure when the schools start in Cincy but you can go to the Kings Island website and look at their calendar which will tell you if there will be full rides availbility on the week you want to go.

Holly

We've never done two days - maybe because one day w/the kids at KI is about all I can take! But we've always gone away feeling like we saw everything we wanted to.

Around here, the local supermarkets (Kroger, Meijer, etc.) sell further discounted passes - I think a one day pass is $26.99(?)

Don't forget your bathing suits for the attached waterpark! (We don't typically do the waterpark - maybe that would warrant a second day.)

We take our boys to Kings Island every year, and do everything we want to do in one day, but we don't go to the waterpark. If you wanted to do that as well, I would recommend two days.

We went once in May, before school was out for the year, and half the rides were closed because their teen employees were still in school. You definitely want to go before the kids go back to school. Don't wait til late August.

Thank you all for the information! I didn't even think about the kids being back in school affecting the employee situation. We'll be back home before the full operation ceases, so it won't be a problem. I think we'll just do a day and skip the waterpark. And I'll check Kroger for tix!

I just checked their calendar and the last week of daily operation is the week of the 18th of August. School probably starts the week of August 25th.

Yup, that sounds about right. We actually prefer going off season. even if all the rides aren't open, the lines and the crowds are bearable. And when we went in May one year, the only thing I remember being closed was food stops.