Menu

Different Diets for Different Kids??

How do you handle a diet of GF for 1 or 2 kids in your home? (as an example)

we have more restrictiosn than that. I have 2 kids that need GF and lower carbs. virtually no sugar. I have 2 others that need higher carbs and can eat wheat. DS almost needs bread & rice, etc. as a binder or his stools are incredibly loose. He's still in diapers but nearly 2 so big messy diapers. :tongue_smilie:

How do you handle this in your home?? does everyone just have to eat the same? How do you handle snacktime? 2 of mine (and myself) NEED snacks or they get low blood sugar.

My little one is strict gluten- and dairy-free. The other two I've been allowing a certain amount of gluten and dairy away from the house, but if DS gets diagnosed as being on the spectrum or ADHD (we're in the middle of evaluation right now) then he's going to have to go strictly GFCF as well.

There are a lot of GF carbs. Rice, corn, GF oats, quinoa, potatoes (white & sweet), tapioca, beans, fruit, veggies, etc. We don't do low-carb because I get brain fog from that.