Menu

need a salad idea for a camping trip

We are camping with a few members of our church. I need to bring a salad to pass, but I want it to be something that is kid-friendly. I thought of a fruit salad...so that is a possible idea...we have a small fridge in our camper...but if it could stay in a cooler that would be more ideal.

Any thoughts for me??

I wish I could remember who first posted this recipe. I love it!

Grape Salad

3 pounds seedless grapes, (red, green or mixture, cleaned)

8 oz cream cheese

8 oz sour cream

l tsp vanilla

1/3 cup sugar

Mix together these 4 ingredients with electric mixer and add to cleaned grapes. Pour into serving dish (long, flat dish like 9x13 works best to give some topping for each spoonful). (A full batch makes a very creamy salad. You can use as little as 1/2 the creamy mixture and still have a delicious salad!)

Topping:

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)

2 Tbs melted butter or marg.

Mix together and spread on baking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on it as it burns very easily, stirring a couple times. When cool, crumble and spread over grapes and refrigerate overnight.

I wish I could remember who first posted this recipe. I love it!

Grape Salad

3 pounds seedless grapes, (red, green or mixture, cleaned)

8 oz cream cheese

8 oz sour cream

l tsp vanilla

1/3 cup sugar

Mix together these 4 ingredients with electric mixer and add to cleaned grapes. Pour into serving dish (long, flat dish like 9x13 works best to give some topping for each spoonful). (A full batch makes a very creamy salad. You can use as little as 1/2 the creamy mixture and still have a delicious salad!)

Topping:

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)

2 Tbs melted butter or marg.

Mix together and spread on baking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on it as it burns very easily, stirring a couple times. When cool, crumble and spread over grapes and refrigerate overnight.

that sounds yummy....almost like a dessert instead of a salad...thanks.

We do a mixed greens salad with candied pecans, fresh or dried fruit (fresh berries, dried cranberries, etc), crumbled blue cheese or feta, and a raspberry vinaigrette. My kids (who eat salad all the time) and visiting kids (who often don't) love it.

It would be very easy to toss the indredients together from your cooler and camping pantry.