Menu

breakfast and camping...question

I am right now making french toast sticks for our camping trip Wed. (plan to eat them Thrusday morning)....do I freeze them, just put them in the fridge, what would you do? If I do freeze them, can I just let them thaw out overnight on the table inside the camper...or what....I am not sure what to do.

Edited by NEprairemom

Are they cooked?

If they are cooked, then I wouldn't worry at all about thawing them on the table overnight.

If they are raw and have egg in them, I would leave them frozen and thaw them in the fry pan the next morning as you cook them. I don't like to mess around with raw eggs once they are out of the shell.

ETA: though I never leave food out next to where we camp overnight. It encourages animals (both big and little) to scavenge. I guess I would thaw them in the pan in the morning after all or leave them out on the counter in the camper.

That is such an awesome idea to pre-make French toast! As far as freezing vs fridge, it may depend on your cooling equipment. We use a cooler, so I'd freeze them to help keep everything else cool in the cooler. I would think you could just take them out in the morning, break them apart, and they'd defrost really quick, especially being sticks. Will you heat them in a fry pan before serving?