Menu

MUS and drill sheets for basic facts....what do you do?

ProudGrandma

AS far as I can tell, MUS doesn't have the basic drill sheets that Saxon and other programs include. If you use MUS, do you feel they are not needed, or do you gather your drill sheets from other sources? And if you do, where do you get your drill sheets from? I have one just starting multiplication this fall and I feel this is pretty important.

We mostly use the free worksheets and online drills that are available on the MUS website.

I also just bought the downloadable version of Calculadder for some extra drill for my child who has trouble committing facts to memory. I really like the incremental way the worksheets are designed.

I also use Quarter Mile Math for drill for my child who really likes the race nature of that computer program.

There are lots of options! :001_smile:

Oh! I almost forgot about Holey Cards. I got them from Rainbow Resource for about $1.00 each. They each drill all the facts for one operation in a very efficient manner.

HTH!

I printed a drill book. I did not like the Saxon sheets. As well, we use copywork for the math facts. Actually, going into the sixth grade, and still using the copywork and drill binder that we have. I like the triangle flashcards too. I printed and used clear laminate paper to protect them. These are the greatest for helping cement inverse operations!

I don't like disposable - a bit of a tree hugger here. We use sheet protectors to make most things resusable as much as is possible. :) Look here.

We use Kumon practice workbooks along with School Zone workbooks you can find in lots of stores. I like how colorful the School Zone books are, though the Kumon books are good when we need repetition. (Both are pretty essential for my SN learner.)

I agree with you that doing math drill is very important for learning math facts.

I use the free website below to generate and print math drill worksheets. It is fast and easy, and every worksheet turns out differently. One can make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division worksheets.

http://www.mathscore.com/math/free/worksheets/freeMathWorksheetGenerators.html