Menu

I am having a blast!

I purchased the year subscription to Mark Kistler's online drawing lessons today through homeschool buyers coop. I then went to Wal-mart and purchased each of the kids and I a sketch book and some drawing pencils.

I want to stay a few lessons ahead of them so I did a few tonight. I AM NOT AN ARTIST. I never have been and never really cared. I can barely draw a stick man. My kids don't even bother to ask me how to draw animals because they all turn out like stick dogs. It is really bad.

Well, I am impressed! My drawings are GOOD. I have even ventured into drawing a few random things on my own and they look good too. Dh and the kids were really impressed.

Someday I hope to use this copy of Drawing With Children I have sitting here, but it looks too intimidating for me. Perhaps we can build our confidence over the next year and then I can approach DWC again. But I am already learning things from Mr. Kistler and having a lot of fun!

Ok, you've inspired me.

I bought Mark Kissler (sp?) from HSBC a month or 2 ago and still haven't even looked at it. I am going to go sign on right now and check it out so that I can get my kids started.

Congratulations to you, and thanks for the push I needed! :001_smile:

Ok, you've inspired me.

I bought Mark Kissler (sp?) from HSBC a month or 2 ago and still haven't even looked at it. I am going to go sign on right now and check it out so that I can get my kids started.

Congratulations to you, and thanks for the push I needed! :001_smile:

Do! Just start with the box and keep moving to the next lesson. I told dh that all dc will be required to try ten lessons and even if none proceed, it was worth the $40 for ME!

My boys do NO art because they hate it. Dd will love it and I can see actually getting done.

Do! Just start with the box and keep moving to the next lesson.

Well, I tried, but apparently I bought the 3 year one in December and received a code on my subscriptions page, but it's no longer there. I sent an email to HSBC so hopefully they can work it out for me.

My oldest loves to draw, so I'm sure she'll like it. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tomorrow. I'm glad that you're liking it so much!

I purchased the year subscription to Mark Kistler's online drawing lessons today through homeschool buyers coop. I then went to Wal-mart and purchased each of the kids and I a sketch book and some drawing pencils.

I want to stay a few lessons ahead of them so I did a few tonight. I AM NOT AN ARTIST. I never have been and never really cared. I can barely draw a stick man. My kids don't even bother to ask me how to draw animals because they all turn out like stick dogs. It is really bad.

Well, I am impressed! My drawings are GOOD. I have even ventured into drawing a few random things on my own and they look good too. Dh and the kids were really impressed.

Someday I hope to use this copy of Drawing With Children I have sitting here, but it looks too intimidating for me. Perhaps we can build our confidence over the next year and then I can approach DWC again. But I am already learning things from Mr. Kistler and having a lot of fun!

I'm doing the same thing with I Can So All Things and it is really fun! I don't stay ahead of him, though; we do it together. When I bought it, I thought ds and I would enjoy doing a fun subject together, and he likes having Mom in his art class. I've always wanted to learn some real techniques.