Menu

Sl Psychology schedule?

I am blown away that SL sells what looks to be a fantastic psych program with text, study guide, and workbook/diary exercises..BUT NO SL STYLE SCHEDULE???? AM I the only one who expected it to be included with the program?:glare:

The author has objectives, but its quite confusing to match up the readings with the quizzes, with the workbook...

Does anyone have a schedule of this program that they used that breaks up the work through out the week?

I guess I am just so spoiled by SL and feel really disapointed in the lack of schedule with this program.

If anyone can help, I would be grateful...really, really grateful:)

• 3 months later...

Thanks for reminding me to post again! We have been at this now for over a month and it is working out just fine without the SL style schedule. I just had to not look at the objectives page that the author put in the beginning of the workbook/diary. That confused me terribly!

I told my DS he needs to cover about 20-22 pages per week (maybe 1-1.5 hrs per sitting.) He sits down with the workbook and just does the next reading (along with filling out the study guide as he reads), OQ, and whatever activity is suggested. When he gets to the end, he does a progress test and we do the "Psychology Applied" test together for studying purposes. He then studies vocab and earlier tests on his own and takes the test. He has taken two tests so far and will take the third this week. Ds is really enjoying the course and it has sparked some great conversations. I almost wish it was a "read-aloud" so we could be doing it more together. But, I do have other dss that I am teaching. Ds is a senior and is not having any problems doing it mostly on his own, with weekly check-ins and discussions with me.

I hope this helps!