Menu

In need of some low-fat recipes

Dr. Fuhrman recommends a low fat diet and has many recipes. His book Eat to Live might be of great to help to you. Another advocate of lowfat diets is Dr. Doug Graham. His book 80-10-10 might also be helpful. Dr. Fuhrman's protocols are a little more mainstream than Graham's.

You might also look at http://www.herballegacy.com for some recipes.

Take 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves. Saute them briefly to just seal them a bit, in a heavy pot with Pam nonstick spray.

Pour 2 cans of Campbell's health request cream of chicken soup over them. (Do not dilute it.) Cover and cook for 25 minutes.

In the meantime, make rice. Use no fat. Basmati is really good even without fat.

Voila! Chicken, rice, and gravy; practically fat free.

Here is another one if you miss pizza:

Lay out a package of English muffin halves on a cookie sheet. Make the sauce:

1 small can of tomato paste (I use Contadina. It is fat free.)

1 cup warm water, mixed well.

1 tsp oregano

1/4 tsp rosemary

1/2 tsp marjoram

1/2 tsp thyme

Grind the herbs together (I use a mortar and pestle)

Mix them into the paste. Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder. Also add about 1 tablespoon of minced dry onion. Mix together.

Spoon onto the muffins--there will be exactly enough.

Grate 4 oz of non-fat sharp cheddar cheese, and 3 oz of part skim mozerella cheese. Sprinkle on all the muffins. Then cut up 2-3 scallions and sprinkle them on as well. If you really must have meat, you might be able to get away with a little very low fat pepperoni or saute some ground turkey breast and put it on top.

Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.

Another hint:

Jelly Beans are fat free. Try to find flavors you miss. When my gall bladder was messed up, I was practically addicted to coconut jelly bellies.