Menu

Fathers day ideas??

Sorry if this a repeat, but I couldn't find any recent posts.

So what is everyone doing?

We have a very limited budget, so we generally keep it simple. Church and a quiet afternoon, maybe taking a walk. We are delighted to still have our son, whom we almost lost many times over the past several years, due to cancer. He is what *makes the day*.

This year, I was delighted to overhear dh mention that a book he recently stumbled upon at a used book sale had been made into a movie that he saw once years ago, and he sure wished it would be rebroadcast on television. It is a true story of a scientist from the 1700s. I googled, and located a DVD from someone on eBay offering it at a fantastic price. Dh will definitely be surprised and very happy with this gift!

We have a new pastor at our church and he has invited our family to join his for a picnic, that may include just our two families or, may also include our previous pastor and his family (I'm hoping for this latter option)! So we will have a nice afternoon with friends.

We opted out of the "tangible gifts" a few years ago in favor of the "memorable event gift" - we do an Annual Father's Day Ice Cream Taste Testing Contest!

It's so much fun - we ham it up BIG time, make official ballots, act all super-competitive with each other, tape candy into the shape of an ice cream cone on a posterboard (cheap!) as the "Grand Prize," and then I pre-dish all the ice cream into numbered Dixie cups. The dads LOVE it, there's no Ugly Tie they have to wear to work, no worrisome expense, and everyone can be involved. For us - perfect! :) :D

We opted out of the "tangible gifts" a few years ago in favor of the "memorable event gift" - we do an Annual Father's Day Ice Cream Taste Testing Contest!

It's so much fun - we ham it up BIG time, make official ballots, act all super-competitive with each other, tape candy into the shape of an ice cream cone on a posterboard (cheap!) as the "Grand Prize," and then I pre-dish all the ice cream into numbered Dixie cups. The dads LOVE it, there's no Ugly Tie they have to wear to work, no worrisome expense, and everyone can be involved. For us - perfect! :) :D

What a fun idea! I think we'll do this with donuts because we love donuts.