Menu

WTMers who've battled Lyme and TBDs - a question

Hi,

I think I've noticed a few of us here, who've had long-term experience with Lyme and co-infections? (I can't be the only one, right?)

Has anyone had experience with Stephen Fry's newly discovered protozoa? Protomyxozoa Rheumatica? (Hoping I did not mangle the spelling on that.)

I have found this interview with Dr. Fry, and while it's helpful (to an extent), I'd really like to get a patient's perspective on treatment, especially with regard to herxing and homeschooling. And, I admit to feeling a bit daunted by the dietary restrictions, so support there would be a bonus!

Actually, I have a ton of questions, but for now, it would just be nice to connect with someone else who's heard of this particular bug. :)

PM is fine, if that's more comfortable since this is a public board.

Thanks!

Edited by Spryte

I thought I'd bump this up for you. I have chronic Lyme and 3 co-infections. I'm actually having some sort of flare up or die off this week...heading back to lyme doc next week (haven't seen him since September...been doing great.

I had not seen the article before...read over it quickly. It was interesting--I'll have to take some time and read it more closely later. Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks for the bump. :)

My LLMD is finding this in a lot of her chronic Lyme patients who don't seem to recover as well as the others. I was doing wonderfully, but have had a recent setback, and that prompted some new testing. If you want more details before you see your LLMD, just let me know and I can dig up more info for you.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough week. It always seems worse after a period of feeling well, to me anyway. Hope you feel better soon!