Menu

Afterschooling with Ambleside

• 3 weeks later...

My oldest two are back in school, I am going to assign them one or two AO readings a day to read and then do written narrations on. For history we will do a Book of Centuries. They are in 5th and 6th grade, but they are in AO years 4 and 5. We are going to skip the science and geography readings, and focus on the history readings, the literature readings, and the Shakespeare and Plutarch for my Year 5 student (my 6th grader). This will work out to one or two readings a day. There is a AO schedule group on yahoo where users have posted their schedules, and there is a weekly schedule checklist I downloaded to use, and I am going to have my ds mark of the checklist himself as he goes.

We also listen to audio books of the additional reading books from AO in the car, and we read them together as family read alouds at night. I have downloaded many of them onto my ipod for free from our local library's online digital library, and most of the public domain books are available as free audio downloads from www.librivox.org.

I also use audio books for my younger children to listen to the readings when I am too busy to read them myself.

I also use www.mainlesson.com to read the public domain books online. They have a directory for books used on Ambleside Online listed by year.

HTH!