Menu

Which curriculum is suited for a mom who is not naturally a teacher?

I have used Calvert for many years with my older ones because it's all laid out for me and I didn't have to really teach, I was more of a facilitator. Then for the past few years, I had to stop using Calvert due to finances. I tried planning my own curriculum and leading discussions with my kids but I don't feel like I did a great job. Well, I must have done okay to have prepared my kids well enough for college. But I'm tired and I still don't feel very comfortable teaching. I'd rather just read along with my ds, and have him do workbooks, etc.

I don't think of myself as a regular teacher so I don't want to have to spend a lot of my time preparing lesson plans or lecturing.

I like Calvert for their teacher's syllabus that did all the preparation for me and it's so well laid out. Sonlight is also aimed at parents who don't want to be formal teachers.

BJU seems to be aimed toward teachers.

Same with Classical Writing.

Any thoughts?

Christian Light Education for math and language arts.

Christian Light Reading from grade 4 and up.

Light unit workbooks, directed to student, student grades lu, parent's grade quizzes and tests. Excellent, rigorous curriculum and inexpensive.

HTH!

There are so many choices now. What grade levels are you looking for...elementary, middle or high school?

ABeka or BJU DVD or internet or just the traditional books

Kolbe, Seton

Sonlight

Conlara

AOP

K12

Oakmeadow

Keystone

American School

Calvert