Menu

My local veterinarian's website is in Latin...

The one and only page they have up, anyway.

At first I thought it was cool, but I don't really see how whatever they have to say can be understood by the general public...me included.

I could spend the day sitting here translating, but it would be a really slow process. Is anyone fluent enough to just translate it quickly?

http://www.henrycountyanimalhospital.com/doctors.php

~Lisa

Yeah, it's not Latin, it's Lorem Ipsum -- a placeholder. It means they're in process of making a website and they wanted some text there just to see what it looks like till they insert the actual copy. It does look a lot like Latin. And now that you know about it, you'll likely see it other places too!

BTW, Kelli, there's one person who speaks "Lorem Ipsum". Thursday Next's son, Friday. :P

Which might be an advertising/ media production thing... But it was done for things where text was needed but wasn't really meant to be read, like the back of a fake cereal box used as a prop, or something like that, where it would look weird to have nothing but you didn't want to waste the effort of composing real text, or risk a copyright or trademark violation by using something that already existed.

In this case it's probably just for a mockup by the web designer to show the vet what the website will look like when it's done, and to hold the space without saying anything that hasn't been carefully written and approved.