Menu

Latin Help - Please

Karen in CO

I know we go over this all the time. Here is what I want in a Latin program. I want the chants like LfC has - my dd loves to memorize. I want grammar and classical studies mixed in with nice little daily lessons like Lively Latin. What else is there? Can I mix? Does LL have some hidden audio component that I have missed that I could use in our memory time? Is there another program that has everything I want?

Thanks.

I believe that Lively Latin does have audio files that are downloaded off the website. I don't know what's on them. As far as chanting goes, it's not difficult to make your own Chant Time. This is what we do for Latina Christiana. Check out the articles on Latin Recitation on http://www.memoriapress.com. We chant Latin everyday in our Memory Time--even the 3 year old.

Lively Latin has audio files of new vocabulary and chants on the website (with both classical and ecclesiastical pronunciations). Presumably these will be on CD when the program moves out of beta. If you are a bit tech savvy (or know someone who is), you can download the mp3's and make your own CD.

Lively Latin does have the audio like others mentioned but it doesn't have the chant-able quality of LfC at all. That is the only downside to the program I've found. We do chant but in rapid LfC style (since we used that before).

What is on the audio? and why did you switch programs? Do you like LL? Is it getting done better (more frequently) than LfC?

Thanks

I was just coming on specifically to look for more info comparing LfC and LL. We will be starting Latin next year, and I am unsure what to choose. I have a slow computer, so I don't know how it would handle downloading everything from LL. Does anyone have experience with that? Hope you don't mind me jumping in and asking, Karen. It's hard to choose between two programs that both look good.