Menu

Would Phonetic Zoo jingles be confusing/wordy after AAS?

mom@home

Hi. I posted this question in another thread, but thought I may get a more specific response if I changed the title. :001_smile:

My children (age 10 and 11) have completed AAS through level 5. I am considering switching to PZ, mainly so they can be more independent. My biggest concern is that the jingles in PZ seem to be wordy and somewhat confusing. Is this really the case, or do the kids understand it better when they are actually in the program? The rules in AAS seem so short and simple that I was afraid the jingles might confuse my kiddos rather than help them. Any thoughts?

Thanks. I thought about that, but on the CD the jingle is repeated at least three or four times. Are you planning to use the CD or just dictate the words yourself? The CD was the big draw for me, since it would allow my kiddos to work independently for a few minutes.

I bought it and returned it partially based on the jingles (they were wordy) and partially because of the CD. I had trouble just hearing some of the words as they were pronounced for spelling. They do have samples on their website and I very good return policy if you don't like the material.

Beth