Menu

Relay or other game ideas needed

I need a game or relay or something for the kids to play at our co-op's potluck this weekend. There will be about 35 kids, from toddler to teen. Nothing too complicated, but I thought a relay race would be fun. We will be indoors. Any favorite ideas? (And I am giving prizes -- chocolate -- to everyone, not just the winners.)

My cub scout den LOVED this game. It was fun to watch, too.

Oh, that is CUTE! I love it and think it just might work. I will have several non-readers, though; I wonder if it would work for the bigger kids to help them. Hmmmm, will have to think about that.

ETA: I just realized that I could do this with pictures so the younger children could participate. I think I might use animals instead of birds, just so the pictures will be very distinct. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Edited by happypamama

Our homeschool group did an indoor relay race through an obstacle course that had a military flavor around Veterans Day last year. The kids had a lot of fun. Some of the things they did were using Nerf darts to shoot cups off a table, crawling under a rope, making a certain number of circuits around a table, walking a balance beam, throwing beanbags into a bucket, and weaving around construction cones. They did it with two teams against each other with all ages mixed together. A parent stood by each station to help the younger kids who didn't necessarily remember what to do at that station.

Maybe you could do something that's summer-themed? Putting on flip flops, sunglasses, and a big Hawaiian shirt before running the length of the room. Using a spoon to fish something out of a mini swimming pool. Watermelon eating contest?

Erica in OR