Menu

Trying to decide on a book for our Ancient Greece Study

AllSmiles

I would highly recommend all of the Guerber books, reprinted by Nothing New press; my children have greatly enjoyed them and reread them. The other book would be a nice living book resource so if you can get both, your kids would benefit from getting different perspectives on the same subject....If not, I recommend the Guerber book, you won't be disappointed! :001_smile:

I would read through a few chapters of each online. I prefer the books by MacGregor. I like the language and flow of the sentences. I read her books aloud and find the language more to my liking. I find the Guerber books a bit cut and dry. I would imagine the content is similar in both books.

I have just finished the Geurber book with my kids. For some reason, they did not enjoy it when they had to read it themselves...it is a bit "cut and dry" in a way- the chapters are short and somehow I dndt feel they flowed well when I read it to myself, either. However, it has worked beautifully as a read aloud- somehow that just brought it alive for us and we really enjoyed it then.