Menu

Skipping Shurley Grade Levels...? Repeating Singapore?

Guest stomper

Guest stomper

Hi! I am homeschooling 2 of my 3 kids now. I am eyeing a new charter public school for my upcoming 3rd grader for Fall 2013. I hope he can enter 5th grade after I instruct him at home for one more year.

So far...

My son, 2nd grader, finished Shurley 2. I want to put him in Shurley 4 so he will be ready for 5th grade. Thoughts about skipping Shurley 3?

My daughter, 1st grader, finished Shurley 1. She wants to do what big brother does, and start Shurley 4 also. Thoughts on skipping 2 grades at once? (A few words on her... she is a quick study, have been ready chapter books since pre-K... I am not worried that she can't catch on to the grammar... just want to make sure we do not miss key concepts.

On a different note... Said son has finished Singapore 4B. I want to put him in public school (as forementioned) in 5th grade a year from now... so this coming Fall, should I just do a lot more 4th grade level math with a different curriculum? Or does anyone have good ideas? He will be bored to tears with something like Saxon... What is equivalent to Singapore 4B that is not just drills and more drills? Thanks!!!