Menu

Tempted to call this the "gap year"

My son will be a young second grader next year. He is mature for his age and always has been. He will be In third grade grammar, and 3-4th grade math. When some one asks what grade he is in, his answer includes the level of work he does. We have had to discuss not being show offish about It, but it works for him.

Could you do two years of sixth on official papers and just let yer answer "I do sixth grade work" this year; and "I do seventh grade work" next year?

I don't know about any extra curriculars she does, things like dance, gymnastics, and art would still be leveled by ability no matter the age and grade; but many churches we have been to have a 5th-6th group, a 7th-8th group, and then a high school group for youtu activities. If she is In something like that, it may be award when she does not move up with friends she has been with for a while. She might be fine, she will have friends in both grades; only you really know how the geade change will affect her in her peer group activities.

We are in a coop that is being really strict about birthdays for moving into the classes where they select what to take rather than keeping the whole group together for three hours. I was concerned about DS not moving up with his friends, but since the kept k and 1st grade kids together last year, he has friends who will be staying with him. I thought he wpuld be more upset than he was. He had no issues. He will miss being in class with some friends, but he will be fine.