Menu

Lit Lesssons from Lord of the Rings....

Do you recall when the new version came out and there were many errors in it regarding page numbers and chapters? I tried to contact the author several times to no avail about this. I know others tried as well. What was the resolution to this? I may be using this next year.

Capt Uhura

Oh yes, It was the 2nd edition that had the errors. I just want to know if the author had sent out corrected sheets? Last I heard the author said that happens and it was too bad for us. It seemed like she wasn't offering to fix it.

That is unfortunate to hear. I've always thought that it was one of the better homeschool programs out there and it is a shame about the author's response. It irks me to no end when school materials have typos.

I think most of the errors were in the comprehension questions. You were instructed to answer a question or look at a passage on X page and the passage or vocab word wasn't on that page. It seems that most who have used LLfLoTR skipped those?

That would be me. We never used the fill in the blank study guides or the comprehension questions. I would glance over them to see if there was anything totally enlightening that I needed to ask. Nope! I might ask for a narrative summary or I might ask the student what made an impression. I know what they read or didn't read by the conversations we have.

So helpful, aren't I?:D

So are you going straight through the book?

We are using LLLotR now and have noticed all the page numbering issues. It does seem to be mostly in the comprehension questions and vocabulary. Sometimes the student book and teacher book list different page numbers for the same question. :confused:

We are not finding it to be too much of a problem as it is usually within a page or two of the correct page. :tongue_smilie: