Menu

Where can I find old Cuisenaire Rods books?

I'm looking for "On the Farm," and "Around Town," which I've seen referenced on old threads for curriculum resources. They were created by Elaine Douthitt. It sounds like they're really cool, but they're out of print. Waaah!

We have the free Cuisenaire rod booklet and the Alphabet book, but I'm looking for more fun stuff like these before we move on to Miquon.

on a related note, has anyone played the "Math Bonds" Cuisenaire-ish app on the iPhone/iPad? My son is digging on it. The colors are a teensy bit off because the app maker is trying to be hip, but they're definitely the Cuisenaire color scheme.

Edited by eloquacious

http://shop.rocksolidinc.com/around-the-town-fun-with-cuisenaire-rods-p459.aspx

I'm looking for "On the Farm," and "Around Town," which I've seen referenced on old threads for curriculum resources. They were created by Elaine Douthitt. It sounds like they're really cool, but they're out of print. Waaah!

We have the free Cuisenaire rod booklet and the Alphabet book, but I'm looking for more fun stuff like these before we move on to Miquon.

on a related note, has anyone played the "Math Bonds" Cuisenaire-ish app on the iPhone/iPad? My son is digging on it. The colors are a teensy bit off because the app maker is trying to be hip, but they're definitely the Cuisenaire color scheme.

We have the "On the Farm" book and my boys really love it. I received it as a hand-me-down from my MIL. It looks like you might be able to find it at R.O.C.K. Solid Home School Books but their website looks like it is down. But, they are on Facebook. The number that is in the book I have is 1-800-705-3452. You can buy it for sure on Amazon from them.

You could also try and make something like this on your own. The whole book is just pictures made out of cuisenaire rods like the ones in the free rod books. The only difference is that in the "On the Farm" book the numbers are written inside of the little boxes. So, in the box where a #5 rod would go the number 5 is written in. I really like the book a lot but you could just get creative too!

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mommyof3boys