Menu

We just got it in the mail and it looks great! There has been a huge learning curve for me to figure out how to schedule assignments but their tech support are so nice. You just need to be sure that you are telling them that you are from the Homeschool ScienceFusion. I love that the kids have the choice between the parallel programs: digital, worktext or both. The Teacher Access has so many extra links to material that you will never use everything but it is very impressive. My kids have enjoyed looking through the worktexts so far and tomorrow we are going to look at the digital content. I could choose to have them do everything online or do the worktext and print out tests for them or use some of both. I am leaning towards the all digital. My kids get enough workbooks to write in, so I think the digital path makes sense for us. We will have to see!

We are starting on Module A for my 6th grader and my 4th grader will be in the program as well. One scope and sequence I found said they should do Module K first, since that is more about scientific inquiry and method, but my rep assured me that it is more for kids who want to go into STEM fields in high school and college and that is why it is at the end. Module A is short, thus needing to do 3-4 modules a year to finish all of them by eighth grade. My dd has been very interested in the worktext and has been reading a bit of it just to browse and it seems like it will be fun.

If you have more questions, let me know!

There are 13 lessons in Module A with 4 Virtual labs and 2 multipart student projects. They are also encouraged to keep a student notebook for every lesson. You definitely need the TM (which is digital) to assign the lessons. You can do all print (by printing out the tests and projects) or all digital or a combo. The TM has all the answers. I am really excited to get started. My kids want to do it all digitally. Did you get it through HSBC? It was a great deal!

ETA: I just noticed on the Homeschool Pacing Guide that after every lesson there are a number of what are called Quick Labs. I need to find these in my TE to get you more information, but if labs are what you are looking for it has many optional Quick Labs, Exploration Labs, and STEM Labs for each unit in each module. Let me see if I can wrap my head around where all this stuff is. Why don't you pm me and we could get with each other by phone or email.

Jen

Edited by lillehei

If you could PM me... I hace some questions. I was thinking about using this with my 6th grader and I didn't see any examples on the website or a schedule..... 2 days a week, 3 days etc etc... I am looking at doing 100% online.

Thanks.

Karen

I pm'd you