Menu

Lial's introductory algebra-the even problems

I purchased Student solutions manual, but only see answers for the odds. Where are the answers for the evens?

I was disappointed to discover answers for even-numbered exercises aren't included in the Student Solutions Manual. They aren't in the back of the book, as you know, but I thought they'd be in the SSM. Most people just have their students work the odd exercises and then do all the problems on the reviews and tests. (And answers to all review and test problems are included in both the text and the SSM.) That's what we did with Lial's BCM. Now I'd actually prefer to have my son do both the evens and odds, but truth be told, I need those answers on hand. Bummer!

can be found in the Teacher's Solutions Manual (or maybe it's called the Teacher's Edition? You might check to make sure.).

Most people only find it necessary to assign the odd problems only, and your child can get a thorough foundation in algebra by doing just the odd problems, IMO. However, the Student Solutions Manual does have all of the answers for the Chapter Review problems, the tests, and I believe also the Cumulative Review exercises at the tail end of each chapter.

Now, for the Chapter Review exercises, I started doing what Jann in TX suggests: I have my dd's slow down and do all of them. I believe that helps for a thorough preparation before the tests.