Menu

Cursive instruction in TWRTR--Hunter? Ellie?

lindsrae

My DD is showing interest in learning cursive. Her handwriting is very nice (when she wants it to be...)

Is there a suggested grade or age or stage of development that is recommended for learning cursive? How do I know when she's "ready"?

And is it the latest edition (6th) of WRTR that has the lovely cursive instruction. I have the 5th, and I don't think it goes into cursive at all (I could be wrong because I am depending on my memory here...)

My DD is showing interest in learning cursive. Her handwriting is very nice (when she wants it to be...)

Is there a suggested grade or age or stage of development that is recommended for learning cursive? How do I know when she's "ready"?

And is it the latest edition (6th) of WRTR that has the lovely cursive instruction. I have the 5th, and I don't think it goes into cursive at all (I could be wrong because I am depending on my memory here...)

Spalding teaches children cursive when they are pretty good with manuscript.

The fifth edition begins cursive instruction on page 32. :)

I haven't seen the sixth edition of WRTR, but IMHO there has always been sufficient instruction on teaching cursive. I don't know what more there could be: write the manuscript letters, learn the joins, practice daily. :)