Menu

Books on tape are great!!!

misidawnrn

I finished reading the Read Aloud Handbook and have been reading to the girls every day for about an hour or so. They love it and look forward to it. I also checked out a book on tape (CD) for in the car instead of letting the girls watch a DVD while out running errands. We listened to James and the Giant Peach. It was great! DD-3 asked "can we listen to our story?" every time we left. After it was all done DD-8 asked if we could listen to another one but I only checked out one.

I asked DD what bugs lived on the peach with James and she listed them all so obviously she was paying attention!!!

Just wanted to recommend it!

We love audio books. DD has listened to MANY by herself in her room, she does perler beads while listening to books. I always listen to a book while I clean. We often listen to books in the car.

I check out CDs from the library and I also check out digital audio books (Overdrive) and put them on the ipods.