Menu

Mrs Stewarts Liquid Bluing

Anywhere that has a good price that you know of?

Otherwise, I am driving 25 minutes to the Piggly Wiggly, LOL:lol:

In case you are wondering, this is for Biology for the Logic Stage. Be ready!

And does it work to whiten your clothes? It is bio-deg. and not a bleach.

ETA: I am swinging prepositions today!

I think I paid a little closer to $3 or $4 for mine recently.

I do use it in the laundry. White whites come with blue dye in them. Washing makes the blue dye come out and they start looking yellow. Mrs Stewart just replaces that blue dye. It doesn't fix yellowing by bad water/minerals/etc.

It's quite useful for white dogs, horses and chickens. Just don't use too much!

The Dog Who Wouldn't Be, a very funny book, has a great moment when Mutt gets a long overdue bath from an irate Father ....

Yes, I use it in whites. Be sure to dissolve it in water before adding clothes.

BTW, what science project???

I love science experiments. You learn something new everyday. I have Malteeses .... and the "white" shampoos do not work very well. I may have to try this tip too.

I finally found it at a Piggly Wiggle, and they claim that they can't keep enough of it in stock! Really? I wondered if this was an amazing product that I had not had the pleasure of using. It seems that it has many uses - science being only one of them.

We are rather slow with science and history - way too many rabbit trails and added experiments. So, we are finally on Week 13, and it is to make .... CORAL. Yes, really. :) Well, it is using a sponge or brick and the liquid bluing in order to grow crystal formations much like coral.

ETA: I still have molded bread in a ziploc bag. It is being consumed, and it looks disgusting. As soon as I catch up on my work, I will have to provide a blog post that shows the photos of how the bread has grown mold over the last few months. (As I said, we are slow on moving through the curriculum because dd tends to get lost in extra research, answering questions that spawn from the brief readings, and extending or inventing more experiments. JVC's Biology experiments should have stayed hidden in the closet, FYI.) So, let's see how long coral is around! We are still growing algea too! LOL

Edited by ChrissySC