Menu

Please...can someone explain to me what a lapbook is?

muffinmom

I've seen some photos and read some general descriptions, but I still don't get it.

What is their purpose? How do you go about making one? Can someone give me an example of one they did, why, and what kinds of things were in it?

I fear that a lapbook may be all too closely related to a scrapbook, in which case I may have to run for the hills.:leaving:

Clarification, anyone?

I've seen some photos and read some general descriptions, but I still don't get it.

What is their purpose? How do you go about making one? Can someone give me an example of one they did, why, and what kinds of things were in it?

I fear that a lapbook may be all too closely related to a scrapbook, in which case I may have to run for the hills.:leaving:

Clarification, anyone?

In a sense, it is like a scrapbook yet an educational scrapbook of what was learned and your children can be proud of and reflect upon later. But here's a great link for you.

Okay, I'm opening a can of worms now:

How are lapbooks not twaddle? Or is my definition off? To me, all the extra busy-craftsy things we do along with history and science & literature are "twaddle." Someone steer me straight here. :)

:lurk5: