Menu

Jenney's Latin?

I knew that the local classical school uses Jenney's Latin so I purchased it when I saw it for very cheap at the used book store. I think it looks good. I was hoping to get opinions. I am under the impression that I will need a teachers guide, workbook, and cd to really use the course. I do not want to go off and purchase those unless others think this course is good. Thanks!

Jenney Latin is what my dh and I used in high school. It is very rigorous, very thorough, and when you are done with a given level of Jenney you KNOW that level of Latin.

If you (cough cough) happen to decide that you would benefit from the 1990 TM (including workbook, audiotapes, etc.) contact me. I would love it to go to a good home -- price is highly negotiable. (I need to have the cost of mailing covered, but after that I just want them to go toa good home!)(I also have two Latin 1 1990 texts and one Latin 2 text, all in as-new condition)

I want something that will be a little more fun than what we have been doing. From glance, it looks more fun. I figure we would spend 2 years on book 1. But DD has language disability and I think foreign language will be her worst subject (but overall, she is above average anyway in everything) so I would like her to maybe like it a little.

I want something that will be a little more fun than what we have been doing. From glance, it looks more fun. I figure we would spend 2 years on book 1. But DD has language disability and I think foreign language will be her worst subject (but overall, she is above average anyway in everything) so I would like her to maybe like it a little.

Most people spend about 2 years on Book 1. Some people

think it's not a very interesting textbook, but other people

love it. No matter what you decide, Jenney is a super

grammar reference book to keep on your shelf. Teachers

manuals can be difficult to find depending on the edition.