Menu

About to order Oak Meadow World Geography syllabus - do I need a teacher's manual?

It says call or email Oak Meadow if you are non-enrolled and need a teacher's manual. I have the Glencoe text - is the syllabus just a reading schedule?

What would the teacher's manual provide?? Do I need or want it?

Thanks for any help?

They say on the website that you don't need the glencoe tm. Also, there is a good sample on the oak meadow website. Just go to the regular one, not the bookstore part. Click social studies where it lists all the classes, and you'll find it. It has a nice summary, assignments, etc. I like how out of the box it is. It's on my definite order list. Actually all I'm struggling with now is what ELSE I want to try from there. :)

They say on the website that you don't need the glencoe tm. Also, there is a good sample on the oak meadow website. Just go to the regular one, not the bookstore part. Click social studies where it lists all the classes, and you'll find it. It has a nice summary, assignments, etc. I like how out of the box it is. It's on my definite order list. Actually all I'm struggling with now is what ELSE I want to try from there. :)

I think they mean an Oak Meadow Teacher's manual for the syllabus right? not the Glencoe Teacher's manual....

If you scroll down the price sheet it says Teacher's manuals are only provided for non-enrolled families and lists the geography teacher's manual for $20. I don't want to buy it if I don't need it!

http://www.oakmeadow.com/downloads/om-hs-price-insert.pdf

That's what I was planning on buying was the $20 (sale price) tm. Are you enrolled? Was there something else you were looking at as well? Looks like that $20 thing and the Glencoe text is all you need, unless I'm missing something.

I just looked at it again. The tm they refer to on the page for the world geography *kit* is the Glencoe tm I think. The student kit has just the Glencoe text and the $20 syllabus thing. I was using tm and syllabus interchangeably, but apparently the $20 thing is all you *have* to have.

Edited by OhElizabeth

That's what I was planning on buying was the $20 (sale price) tm. Are you enrolled? Was there something else you were looking at as well? Looks like that $20 thing and the Glencoe text is all you need, unless I'm missing something.

I just looked at it again. The tm they refer to on the page for the world geography *kit* is the Glencoe tm I think. The student kit has just the Glencoe text and the $20 syllabus thing. I was using tm and syllabus interchangeably, but apparently the $20 thing is all you *have* to have.

I'm going to call Monday. I searched the boards and apparently OM syllabi have OM syllabi teacher's manuals available if you aren't registered for the class with them. But, you have to call M-F during office hours to request it.

So, the OM syllabus is $20 on sale and the OM syllabus teacher's manual is $20 also. Not the Glencoe teacher's manual. I think I'm right after googling for 1 hr. :( I'll find out when I call.

HTH if you want one too!

I called, and if I am remembering correctly, the syllabus is for the student, but the teacher's manual is for the teacher so it includes answers for the assignments and tests. I think we are going to use this for 9th next year. I've never used OM before, so I can't wait to check it out.

I just ordered it over the phone. The teacher's manual goes along with the syllabus and is only available by request over the phone.

I ordered on sale:

World Geography Syllabus - $20

Teacher's Manual for World Geography Syllabus - $16

shipping was $7.

I'll let you know what it is like when I get it, but she said it gives answers, helps for open ended projects etc.