Menu

Ebook or hardcopy?

Marie131

Which do you prefer?

I'm getting ready to order my curriculum for next year and am debatig b/n ordering an ebook or the hardcopy (I'm looking at LBC in particular). Being in Canada, I am drawn to the ebook as I would get it a whole lot faster, would save on shipping costs and spend less money on the book itself. But....I don't like having to print out pages and pages every week so I would likely get it printed and bound. So would I really save?? I don't know.

I prefer e-book if I can print it. I recently purchased a read-only version of an e-book and I find not being able to print the pages that I want to be very frustrating.

I lose hardcopies, e-books- I know where to find and can make back-ups.

Some things I prefer as ebooks, and some things I prefer as hard copy. I do have a laser printer with auto-duplex though. It was only about $80 (Brother 2270DW). I can print a whole book in no time for very low cost.

A few ebooks I do on my tablet. For example, KISS Grammar is excellent on the tablet and fun to mark up sentences. I also have some TMs on the tablet in PDF form.

Anything I'll use again with other kidlets, I like being able to print student pages. So PDF is my friend there.

We'll be getting Getting Started With Latin in ebook format, as it's half the price of the hard copy, and that looks like it would lend itself well to work on the tablet.

Don't know if that helps. Which curricula are you considering in ebook format? Maybe folks could give you specific preferences on those. :)

I prefer an ebook if there are parts I will need for more than one child. We used history pockets this year and it tells you to copy for each child. So I spent a bunch of time copying and found out later you can buy ebooks of them. :p I got ebooks for a SOTW Activity Guide and was able to easily print out multiple copies of the student sheets. I also buy ebooks when it is quite a bit cheaper. I just bought The Writer's Jungle. $90+ just seemed like a lot for it but HBC had it for half price in ebook form.