Menu

so my 10yo dd is having a really hard time with WWE 4

She's just dragging over it every day. Says she's really bored with it. We are doing the workbook, so maybe she just doesn't like the selections. But I can tell I'm losing her. Is there something else I should be considering?

We tried Kilgallon and that just mystified her.

she was a late reader and while she reads well now, she also seems to be a late to develop writer. Even a couple of sentences bogs her down.

I almost think she would enjoy something more creative, but I'm not sure.

She's a very hands on crafty sort of person. Loves animals and being outside - you know the type.

Should we just stick it out? Or would finding our own topics to narrate/dictate from help?

what's your experience?

thanks

Jen

She's just dragging over it every day. Says she's really bored with it. We are doing the workbook, so maybe she just doesn't like the selections. But I can tell I'm losing her. Is there something else I should be considering?

We tried Kilgallon and that just mystified her.

she was a late reader and while she reads well now, she also seems to be a late to develop writer. Even a couple of sentences bogs her down.

I almost think she would enjoy something more creative, but I'm not sure.

She's a very hands on crafty sort of person. Loves animals and being outside - you know the type.

Should we just stick it out? Or would finding our own topics to narrate/dictate from help?

what's your experience?

thanks

Jen

I love WWE but we did hit a point where we needed a change.

We did some WWE3, then we went on to Writing Tales 1 & 2, and now we're using WWS. This worked well for dd, who writes well but doesn't enjoy the process of it.